Oldham County Community Scholarships (OCCS) is the largest scholarship program in Oldham County, having awarded nearly 550 scholarships totaling over $500,000 since its inception in 2005. You are applying for multiple scholarships by completing and submitting this online application.
- be an Oldham County resident
- receive a high school or a home school diploma, or GED within the 2018 scholarship year
- provide an official copy of his/her highest ACT or SAT score report from the ACT or SAT testing company (Home school graduates only)
- have a minimum 2.0 GPA
- attend an accredited 2 or 4-year college, university or technical school after graduation. (This requirement does not apply to the Arts Association of Oldham County scholarship applicants.)
- not have tuition and room/board costs paid for in-full by other scholarships, grants or financial aid. (OCCS scholarship money must be applied toward the cost of tuition or room and board only.)
(Failure to complete all steps will result in disqualification)
- Your applications must be submitted online. Content must be completed in all required areas.
- Your application may not contain false information.
- You must have permission from your parent or guardian to submit this application.
- Home school graduates must scan and email transcripts and an official ACT or SAT report to OCCS on or before March 1, 2018. Send your transcripts to: TRANSCRIPTS@occs-ky.org and send your ACT or SAT report to ACT-SAT@occs-ky.org. You will receive an email confirming that we have received your grades and test scores. If you have questions, please check the OCCS Facebook page or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Arts Association of Oldham County (AAOC) portfolios may not be delivered to OCCS. (See online application for special instructions.)
- Your name must only appear on the Account Registration page and on the Personal Information page of the application. Typing your name anywhere else on the application will result in disqualification.
- I am a high school senior graduating within the scholarship year.
- ALL information provided on this application is accurate and truthful and complies with the Eligibility Requirements.
- I have permission from my parent or guardian to submit this application.
- I authorize the release of my transcripts and an ACT/SAT report for examination by the award review committee.
- I agree to permit OCCS to confer with my post-secondary institution to verify my enrollment during the term of my award.
- I understand this is a one-year, non-renewable award that I must use for my freshman year, unless I delay entrance with approval by OCCS. Should I fail to attend a post-secondary institution, I understand that my scholarship award will be null and void. (The Arts Association may make an exception to participation at an institution.)
- If I am offered a renewable award, I will comply with the requirements or forfeit the award.
- If I am offered and accept an award from OCCS, I give consent to the portrait studio (that is processing senior portraits) to release a copy of my senior portrait to the OCCS Board to use during the OCCS awards program. (If I did not get a senior portrait taken, I will provide a professional-like photo to OCCS in early May.)
- If I am offered and accept an award from OCCS, OCCS and my scholarship sponsor may use my name, photograph or likeness, the name of my community, the name and address of my school, the amount of the award, and the name of the post-secondary institution I will attend in press releases, public announcements, and other fundraising or promotional materials in all media (including the Internet), to advance the non-profit objectives of OCCS.
- I authorize OCCS to re-print, post or disclose my essay.
- If I am offered and accept an Arts Association award, I give OCCS permission to post a sample of my art or something from my portfolio on FaceBook or other social media.
- I have been accepted to a 2-year, 4-year or an accredited educational program or I will complete acceptance requirements prior to May 1.
- I will write a thank you note to my sponsor(s) within 7 days of receiving a scholarship. I will put the thank you note inside a stamped and addressed envelope and hand deliver it to the Oldham County School Board of Education. Failure to do so in this timeframe will risk forfeiture of award(s).
- I understand attendance at the Award Ceremony is mandatory and that I will risk losing the award(s) if I am not present at the ceremony or if I did not designate an alternate to represent me at the ceremony.