Terms of Agreement
By registering with Oldham County Community Scholarships (OCCS) I agree that:
- I am a high school senior graduating in the current year.
- all information provided on this application is accurate and truthful and complies with the Eligibility Requirements.
- I have permission from my parent or guardian to submit this application.
- I authorize the release of my transcripts for examination by the award review committee.
- I agree to permit OCCS to confer with my post-secondary institution to verify my enrollment during the term of my award.
- I understand this is a one-year, non-renewable award that I must use for my freshman year, unless I delay entrance. Should I fail to attend a post-secondary institution, I understand that my scholarship award will be null and void. (The Arts Association may make an exception to participation at an institution.)
- I have already been accepted to a 2-year, 4-year or an accredited educational program or I will complete acceptance requirements prior to May 1.
- If I am offered a renewable award, I will comply with the requirements or forfeit the award.
- If I am offered and accept an award from OCCS, I give consent to the portrait studio (that is processing senior portraits) to release a copy of my senior portrait to the OCCS Board to use during the OCCS awards program. (If I did not get a senior portrait taken, I will provide a professional-like photo to OCCS in early May.)
- If I am offered and accept an award from OCCS, my scholarship sponsor and OCCS may use my name, photograph or likeness, the name of my community, the name and address of my school, the amount of the award, and the name of the post-secondary institution I will attend in press releases, public announcements, and other fundraising or promotional materials in all media (including the Internet), to advance the non-profit objectives of OCCS.
- I understand attendance at the Award Ceremony is mandatory and that I will risk losing the award(s) if I am not present at the ceremony or if I did not designate an alternate to represent me at the ceremony.